2012-2013 Bus Routes for Mansfield School District
The following is from the Mansfield Public Schools.
Students who violate any of the "RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SCHOOL BUS PUPILS" may, at the discretion of the Administration, have their bus privileges suspended and/or be suspended from school. All other school rules and regulations governing student conduct will be enforced on school buses as they are in the school buildings.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SCHOOL BUS PUPILS
Your school day begins when you board the school bus and ends when you are returned. You come under the jurisdiction of the school administration during this entire period. It is a privilege to ride the school bus. If you are not well behaved, courteous, and/or endanger the health or safety of other pupils, this privilege may be taken away form you. The bus driver should be considered to have complete authority over students while it is his/her responsibility to deliver them safely to and from school.
THESE RULES OF BEHAVIOR ARE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!
1. Students should be at their assigned bus stops at least 10-15 minutes of posted time for the bus arrival.
2. Remain well back from the roadway while awaiting the arrival of the bus. Start loading the bus only at the direction of the bus driver.
3. Students waiting for buses shall not go on private property or cause any damage to such property as this might lead to a civil action by the owner of that property against a student or parent/guardian.
4. No standing - Students shall enter the bus in an orderly fashion and go directly to a seat and remain seated until their destination is reached and the bus is stopped.
5. Students shall cooperate with and be courteous to the driver and to fellow students.
6. There shall be no lettering or defacing of the buses or the property of other students.
7. No disturbing the driver by any means.
8. There shall be no eating, drinking, and shouting, vulgar language, roughhousing, or throwing things on the bus.
9. Students shall keep their hands, arms and heads inside the bus.
10. All articles such as athletic equipment, books, musical instruments, etc. must be kept out of the
11. Musical instruments larger than violins will not be allowed on school buses.
12. NOTE WELL!!!!! The emergency door is to be used for EMERGENCY ONLY!!!!! DO NOT touch safety equipment on the bus.
13. Students shall be picked up and unloaded only at their regularly scheduled stops.
14. Any student disregarding the above regulations shall be reported by the bus driver to the school principal, who will take the necessary action to see that such a disregard does not occur again, which may mean that the violator forfeits his/her privilege to ride the bus for a period of time in accordance with school policy.