5 Things: Food for Fines at the Library, The Hornets' New Football Division, and More!
In today's edition of 5 Things You Need to Know, the Hornets will join 11 other teams in Division 2 South for the 2013 football season, the library is teaming up with Food for Fines, and the selectmen approved the Mansfield High School All-Sports Booster
1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: A slight chance of showers after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight: Showers likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 34. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. Mansfield Sports Today
- Boys' Basketball vs. Franklin, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls' Basketball @ Franklin, 6:30 p.m.
- Swimming @ Attleboro, 7:00 p.m.
3. Food for Fines at the Mansfield Public Library
The Mansfield Public Library is celebrating January with Food for Fines. Library users with overdue materials have until January 19 to return them along with non-perishable food items for Mansfield's food pantry, Our Daily Bread. We will waive the usual fines (.05 a day for most items, .50 for videos). Food for Fines does not apply to previously returned items, lost or damaged items, or museum passes. Questions? Just call the library at 508-261-7380.
4. 5K ok for May
Despite a lack of an endorsment from Police Chief Arthur O'Neill, the Mansfield High School All-Sports Booster Club 5K will be back for a 13th year in May after being approved by the Mansfield Board of Selectmen at their meeting Wedneday night.
The course starts at Mansfield High School and goes to East St. - Left on Branch St. to Ware St., back to East. and Finishes back at the High School.
5. New Divisional Allignments for High School Football
With the new tournament format for high school football this fall, the MIAA has released the allignments for the 2013 football season.
Mansfield will be apart of Division 2 South and will be joined by fellow Hockomock League schools Taunton and King Philip. Other joining the 12 team division include 2012 Division 1A East finalist Barnstable, 2012 Division 2A East finalist Natick, 2011 Division 2 East Champion Duxbury, 2011 Division 1A East finalist Needham, and Wellesley.