5 Things: Hornets Boys' Hoop Ranked #1 in New Polls, Zoning Board of Appeals to Meet Tonight, and More!
The Mansfield High boys' basketball team is considered among the best in Massachusetts according to three new polls, the Zoning Board of Appeals will meet tonight and more in 5 Things You Need to Know
1. Today's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: A slight chance of snow showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
2. Mansfield Hornets Sports Today
- Boys' Basketball @ Milford, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls' Basketball vs. Milford, 6:30 p.m.
4. Zoning Board of Appeals to Meet
The Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Room 2 a/b at Town Hall. The board will hold a public hearing for the rear and front yard setbacks on 23 Horace Street.
4. Boys Basketball Ranked Among the Best
With the new rankings for boys' basketball released for the first time this month, the Mansfield Hornets find themselves ahead of the pack in three recently released major polls.
On Sunday, the Boston Herald named the Hornets as the top team in their Eastern Massachusetts Top 25 and in their Division 3 South poll. ESPN Boston also ranked Mansfield at the top of their top 25 poll, moving the Hornets up from number four.
In the Boston Globe's Top 20 poll released on Sunday, only Danvers ranks higher than the Hornets as Mansfield sits at #2
The Hornets go into tonight's game at Milford with a 15-1 record and can clinch the Kelley-Rex Division title with a win tonight and on Friday against Taunton.
5. Healthy Living Tips From the Mansfield Mothers Club
The Mansfield Mothers’ Club will sponsor a talk by Kristi Marsh, author, public speaker, non-profit founder and an Easton neighbor of ours. The event is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 5, at 7 p.m., in the Mansfield Public Library, 255 Hope St.
After being diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer at age 36 and mom to three young children Kristi started on a quest to eliminate harmful chemicals from her life and environment. Now she is a proponent for environmental health and has passion is to share her knowledge and journey with others.
More information on Kristi is available at http://www.choosewiser.com.
If you plan to attend, please bring a wide mouth glass jar because we will be making a cleaning scrub there! To RSVP for the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refreshments will be provided