5 Things Weekend Edition: January 26 and 27
A look at what's happening over the weekend.
This Weekend's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
2. Mansfield Hornets Athletics This Weekend
Saturday, January 26
- Indoor Track @ Coaches' Invite
- Girls Hockey vs. Medfield, 4:50 p.m.
- Boys Hockey @ North Attleboro, 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 27
- Wrestling @ Franklin, 9:00 a.m.
- Boys' Basketball vs. Brockton, 4:00 p.m.
3. Red Sox Nation Winterfest
Heading into Boston Saturday morning? The Red Sox are holding Red Sox Kid Nation Winterfest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fenway Park. Kids will have a chance to tryout to be the new Red Sox public address announcer and can even take a couple of swings in the Fenway Park batting cages.
4. An Anti-bullying Event for Parents
The Qualters Middle School Parent Advisory Council (QMS PAC) is
pleased to present Ryan's Story on January 28 at Mansfield High
A presentation for adults by John Halligan, father of young bullying
victim, Ryan Halligan. Topics covered with sincerity and realism by
Mr. Halligan include Bullying, Cyberbullying, Youth Depression, and
the serious impact of what many see as harmless behavior.
Sponsored in part by a grant from Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Community
5. Connect with neighbors