5 Things Weekend Edition: Relay for Life Kickoff and More!
Find out when the kickoff for Relay for Life will be and more in 5 Things You Need to Know.
1. This Weekend's Weather From the Nation Weather Service
- Saturday: A chance of snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 41. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night: Snow likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Blustery, with a northwest wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
2. Mansfield Hornets Sports This Weekend
Saturday, February 16
- 9:00 a.m. - Boys Varsity Wrestling at Division 1 South Sectional Tournament @ Braintree High School
- 4:30 p.m. - Boys Varsity Ice Hockey @ Nauset Regional High School
Sunday, February 17
- 1:00 - Girls and Boys Varsity Winter Track at Division 2 Championship Meet @ Reggie Lewis Center, Boston
- 5:00 - Boys Varsity Swimming at State Meet @ Harvard University
3. 2013 Relay For Life Kickoff Rescheduled
Now that Nemo has come and gone, and (most of) the snow has melted, join us at the rescheduled 2013 Relay Kickoff on Monday, February 25 at 7:00 pm at the Mansfield High School Library.
Come get inspired and learn about Relay For Life and how fun and rewarding it is to be part of our community’s largest fund raiser. We have some new and exciting ideas for Relay 2013. Our biggest news is that we are headed back to the High School. Also, there are some new fund raising ideas, such as the 13 for ’13 Team Challenge and “Flock your Friends” which will be discussed at the kickoff. You will be able to pick up your team captain’s packet, meet other team captains and participants, and take part in a moving ceremony dedicated to why we Relay.
For information about the Kickoff or the Relay event, which will be held Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15, visit www.relayforlife.org/mansfieldma, or follow us on twitter @MansfieldRelay and on Facebook www.facebook.com/RelayMansfieldMa.
4. Celebrate Purim, Wild West Style
"Purim in the Wild West” is the Chabad Jewish Center's creative twist to this year’s community Purim celebration, which will be held at the Mansfield Town Hall, 6 Park Row, on Sunday, February 24 from 4-5:30pm.
The event will feature a wild west-style dinner, Megillah Reading & Sideshow, Masquerade for adults and children, a caricaturist, Joyous Chassidic Dancing and a gameshow for all.
Participants will enjoy Delicious buffet dinner, a great show and a free raffle. In addition, the celebration will feature crafts for the kids and an caricaturist.
In the spirit of Purim, participants are encouraged to come in costume and be included in the competition, Every one in a costume receives a prize!
The event is a community-wide program, and all are welcome to join, regardless of affiliation, background or place of residence. locals will get together from Mansfield, Easton, Norton, Foxboro, Attleboro, Plainville, Taunton and North Attleboro. To help cover dinner expenses, guests are requested to pay a minimal fee. Program sponsorship is available. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
To signup for this fun event, go to www.JewishMansfield.com/PurimWildWest
5. Follow us on Twitter!
To get all the latest tweets and updates around town, make sure to follow Mansfield Patch on Twitter!