Around Town: Public Hearing for Allegeded Dog Attack on 2/27, School Committee Meeting This Week, and More
A look at some of the meetings and events happening around town during the week.
The following meetings and events will be held in Mansfield this week:
Monday, Feb. 25:
Mansfield Conservation Commission, 7:00 p.m., Room 3 a/b at Town Hall
The Mansfield Conservation Commission will meet to discuss the following items:
- Request for a Certificate of Compliance:Joseph Coppola, AMB Properties, 33 Suffolk Road. DEP #211-252.
- Request for a Certificate of Compliance:Joseph Coppola, AMB Properties, 50 Hamden Road. DEP #211-274.
- Request for Determination of Applicability: Neil Levine, 596 Maple Street – repair lawn area within 100 ft. of bordering vegetated wetlands.
Continued to March
- Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation: Robert Vann, Bismarck Real Estate Partners, Inc., 229 and 243 School Street, Map 11, Lots 3 and 5. DEP #211-0897
- Codding Farm damage, Boy Scout Project – Chris McGowan
- Linda Wallace: Discussion about the lack of compliance with the Order of Conditions issued to Dolan Estates, DEP #211-0856.
Tuesday, Feb. 26:
Mansfield School Committee, 7:30 p.m., Room 3 a/b at Town Hall
The Mansfield School Committee will meet to discuss the following business:
- QMS School Improvement Plan
- 2013 – 14 Calendar
- Mansfield Education Foundation
Wednesday, Feb. 27:
Mansfield Board of Selectmen, 7:00 p.m., Room 3 a/b at Town Hall
The selectmen will have a pair of public hearings when they meet this week. The first hearing will be at 7:00 p.m. to renew Comcast Cable's nonexclusive license.
A public hearing for a pointer/hound mutt accused of biting a six year old boy will follow. The boy required 400 stitches after an alleged attacking by the dog.
Mansfield Planning Board, 7:00 p.m., Room 2 a/b at Town Hall
The planning board will meet to have a plan site review for Mansfield Gas at 157 Pratt Street.
Mansfield Ice Hockey Kickoff Tournament
The boys' hockey team will kick off tournament play Wednesday night. The hockey team will play King Philip in the first round of the MIAA Division 2 South tournament at 7:00 p.m. at the Aleixo Skating Arena in Taunton.
Thursday, Feb. 28:
Hornets Boys' Basketball Begin Tournament Play
The number one seed in the MIAA Division 1 South tournament will start postseason play on Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. at Mansfield High School. The team will play the winner of the West Roxbury/Newton South match set to take place on Feb. 26.
Saturday, March 2:
Michael Troy and Martin Swinger at The Rose Garden Coffeehouse, 8:00 p.m.
This concert of two superb singer-songwriters was originally scheduled for February 9, put was blizzarded out. Now, they will be back to do it again on Saturday, March 2. These two are are at the top of their craft and have been awarded many songwriting titles. The Rose Garden is at The Congregational Church and is a relaxing place to hear good acoustic music. Tickets are available at at the door or in advance at www.rosegardenfolk.com