Five Things You Need to Know in Mansfield for Nov. 12: Firefighters, Police Log and Stargazing
Five things you need to know.
- Sunny, with a high near 68.
- Monday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
2. Mansfield Firefighters have returned from relief efforts in New York after Hurricane Sandy. Click here to read more.
3. Click here to read the latest Police Log. Last week saw money order scams and a hit and run in front of Mansfield Crossing.
4. Join local astronomers and view the night sky through their big telescopes. The event is on-going, so drop in for the entire time, or just some of the evening. Park in the Nature Center lot and bring a flash light to follow the marked, self-guided path to find the viewing field. This program is cancelled if sky conditions are cloudy or if the viewing field is snowed in; call 781-784-5691 x8103 after 6 pm for a recorded message regarding the status of the program prior to attending.
5. Mass Audubon’s Moose Hill Wildlife Gallery is pleased to announce the upcoming exhibit featuring the art work of three amazing artists: Diane Chester-Demicco, Laurie Simko and Jesse Thomas who present fresh insights in nature with bold and powerful artistic deftness through the mediums of oil paint, puddingstone recast and photography. Vibrant colors, rough edges, and distinguishing forms invoke the imagination and create wondrous movement as light and texture are fused together in this exhibit and provide a visual feast of nature’s bounty.