Five Things You Need to Know in Mansfield for Oct. 20 and 21
Haunted Hollows and Homecoming this weekend!
- SaturdayOccasional drizzle before 11am, then a slight chance of showers between 11am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 45. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- SundaySunny, with a high near 61. West wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around 43. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
2. Mansfield High School will have its homecoming events today as well as teacher appreciation day during halftime at the varsity football game. Go cheer on the hornets and have a great time! If you can't make it out there, be sure to check back with Mansfield Patch for live coverage.
3. The Mansfield Haunted Hollows will start today and go untill Nov. 2. Click here to read more.
4. MMAS & The New England Repertory Company present A Nice Family Gathering a comedy play by Phil Olson at the Black Box Theater. The play will run for three weekends opening on Friday, October 19th until Sunday, November 4th. CAST: Bruce Church of Norton, Alice Springer of Sharon, Maggie Nichols of Stoughton, Rich Stiles of Plymouth, David Anderson of Boston, Rachel Morandi of Bellingham. Performances: Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights at 8 p.m. Sunday matinees at 2 p.m.
5. Did you know that Mansfield has many miles of walking trails? Join the Natural Resources Trust of Mansfield (NRT) on a guided nature walk in the Great Woods Conservation Area, to explore a few. We will be starting our walk from the Oak Street parking lot on Saturday, October 20th at 10:00 AM. The walk is about 2 miles. Part of the trail may be wet so wear proper shoes. Also, use insect repellent, and bring plenty of water.