Five Things You Need to Know in Mansfield for Sept. 28: Kosilek, Keep Mansfield Beautiful and Fire Log
Happy Weekend Mansfield!
1. Rain, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog after 8am. High near 58. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Friday Night Showers and thunderstorms before 3am, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 3am. Patchy fog. Low around 54. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. LBGT advocates are speaking out against the recent decision to give Michelle Kosilek gender reassignment surgery, on the taxpayer dime. Click here to read more.
3. Click here to read the latest Fire and EMS log from the Mansfield Fire Department. Highway crashes, car fire and a mulch fire hit Mansfield last week.
4. Stoughton will be a tough nut to crack for the Mansfield Hornets tonight. Click here to read a preview for the game and click here to save the location of our live coverage of the game.
5. A notice from the Keep Mansfield Beautiful Committee: Check out the beautiful new park benches (2 of them) at Fulton's Pond. Another was installed at the playground at the Plymouth Street fields. These benches were paid for by a grant from Covidien and were expertly installed by Mansfield's own DPW. Great job all around!