Champagne toasts, a glittery dress, Chinese take-out, First Night. New Year's Eve is quickly approaching. As we bid farewell to 2011, and usher in 2012, where will you be watching the ball drop? Do you plan to stay local and wine and dine in Norton, attend a house party with friends, order out for food and drink your sparkling wine at home, or venture out to celebrate?
Below are a few options for ringing in the New Year. Have a fun, safe and healthy New Year Mansfield!
1. The is presentingtheir on Saturday at 6 p.m. The night will feature a Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra tribute concert featuring Jimmy Mazz and Patrick Tobin as the legendary Prince of the Rat Pack, and the Chairman of the Board!There are two concerts: - Saturday, December 31 at 2 PM as a matinee - that will include a New Year's Eve toast and photos in Times Square! (matinee tickets are $25 per person)Saturday, December 31: The evening celebration will start at 6 PM with a reception and food provided by Cibo Matto!
2. For the kid-friendly crew, the Bring the little ones out for some NYE fun. Admission is $10.
3. The annual First Night Boston kicks off at 1 p.m. on NYE in downtown Boston and runs through midnight. Enjoy family-friendly activities, arts, music and more. Click here for the full schedule.
4. EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Norton, 184 Mansfield Ave., will welcome that performs a mix of standard oldies, show tunes, and Big Band songs, for its New Year’s Eve party at 1:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. Space is limited and a reservation is requested. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call 508-285-7745.
5. is holding a musical new year's celebration. Starting at 7 p.m., Mike Lebon will douse your ears in some acoustic rock, followed by the much anticipated Lucid Sky Reunion. And yes, the Bruins game will be on during the night.
6. Jill Jensen and Carly Tefft will be playing over at on Friday to start ringing in the new year early with some rocking music. There will be a few other acts and tickets are $10 . More info to come. Starts at 7:30 p.m.
7. Grown ups can head over to the Irish Cultural Centre in Canton to usher in 2012. Starting at 7 p.m., enjoy a night of Irish music, dancing, buffet dinner and champagne at the
8. Enjoy some fireworks this New Year's Eve. Head over to Westwood High School at 7 p.m. for the annual
9. Come say goodbye to 2011 and ring in 2012 with Pot Belly Jim's. Enjoy live entertainment starting at 9 p.m. Oh, and of course they'll have the Bruins on starting at 8 p.m.!
10. ! A special 80s party from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. with live music by the 120 Minutes Band will make this a totally radical night. Dinner reservations are being accepted.
11. starting at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Nosh on appetizers, watch the ball drop, enjoy a champagne toast at midnight, enter the raffles and enjoy a free drink with your ticket.
12. Start the New Year off on a healthy note. The Friends of the Blue Hills 21st annual kicks off at noon Sunday, Jan. 1.