Evening Parts Courier - - Mansfield
The Evening Courier position is a full time role that supports our Service Team by delivering parts, supplies and manifests to Service Technicians at their home location for the next days’ work.
The Courier’s work schedule begins after 5 p.m. and continues through the evening until the entire route is complete. At times there will be as little as 3 drops or as many as 12 drops per evening. We guarantee a 40 hour per week pay regardless of how few hours actually worked. 2-4 days a month there will be no courier service needed due to training, etc, however, the person in this role will be required to work from the Operations Center in Mansfield during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) to perform other duties as assigned.
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate - Rexel - Mansfield
Loads material onto delivery trucks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reads ticket order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials to be loaded onto proper trucks.
Verifies quantity of pieces for each order.
Loads materials onto truck by hand or uses forklift to load material on pallets.
Loads trucks in proper delivery order, following company procedure.
Installs strapping or bracing to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
Lifts heavy objects by hand or with forklift.
Cleans work area.
Operates Forklift or pallet jack to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, stretch, reach overhead, crouch, or climb ladders. The employee must regularly lift, push or pull between 10 and 50 pounds and frequently lift, push or pull moderate to heavy loads (50-70lbs). The employee must occasionally lift, push or pull heavy loads (75-100lbs). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Customer Service Specialist - Besty Buy - Mansfield
The most important part of providing exceptional customer service for the worlds largest consumer electronics retailer is offering the very best experience to our customers! Our cashiers are the very face of Best Buy, and their performance has a huge impact on customer perceptions. That's why we choose our cashiers carefully. Only the most personable, eager and detail-oriented among us will do. As a Customer Service Specialist / Cashier you will provide friendly, fast and accurate processing of customer related transactions including, but not limited to; sales transactions, financing, returns, exchanges, and service requests. You will ensure customer concerns and needs are met, and although sales will not be your primary function, you will assist in achievement of store and department sales and customer care goals by helping to ensure each customer understands the additional solutions Best Buy offers to help them get the most out of their purchases, such as Black Tie Protection and Best Buy Reward Zone.
Porter (MultiFamily) - Behringer Harvard - Mansfield
• Clean common, amenity and ground areas on a daily basis. Water and upkeep community landscaping as instructed. Spread salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
• Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
• Care for, maintain, and inventory all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
• Courteous, efficient response to resident requests. Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents; initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
• Adhere to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
• Perform interior and exterior painting duties when requested. Carry buckets of paint from storage area to work site.
• Maintain the required property uniform and ensure a professional appearance at all times.
• Assist with “make-ready” and/or miscellaneous duties when requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property manager. Other miscellaneous duties as required.
• Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance, standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
• Must maintain courteous, professional and effective communications and working relationships with tenants and co-workers.
- Merchandise Scotts products by executing seasonal resets; restocking shelves, racks, and displays; cleaning and facing product; repairing or removing damaged items; re-labeling grass seed and other products.
- Install and maintain point of purchase materials.
- Initiate interactions with consumers in stores to understand their needs and fill their needs with Scotts’ products. Provide recommendations and product knowledge to both consumers and retail customer associates.
- Assemble fixtures and in-store displays.
- Conduct consumer counseling sessions including lawn and garden educational clinics, promotional events and in-aisle consumer education as needed. Fill consumer needs with Scotts' products
- Complete all required reports in a timely and accurate manner. (e.g. time sheets, surveys etc.)
- Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment and report incidents to Safety/Management in a timely fashion.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous retail merchandising experience preferred
- Previous selling experience preferred
- Previous consumer interaction experience preferred
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate to understand consumer needs and be able to explain how Scotts' products can fill those needs. Provide detailed product information, as appropriate, to respond to consumer questions and concerns
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during in-season periods
- Basic computer skills to be able to navigate a web-based time entry system to enter time worked each day
- Good organization and planning skills
- Ability and willingness to learn about Scotts products and retail partner store procedures and processes
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to regularly climb an 8'-12' safety ladder while carrying product
- Willingness and ability to be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity including indoor/outdoor working conditions
- Willingness to submit to The Scotts Company pre-hire screening, which includes drug screen, criminal history check, social security validation, automobile insurance verification and Motor Vehicle Request (MVR) check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. May have to transport point of purchase (POP) signage and travel to different stores during a single shift
- Daily access to the Internet
- Ability to provide your own sturdy leather shoe to be used while in stores.
- Completion of all required on-line training courses within appropriate time period (e.g. policies, procedures, product knowledge etc.)