Are any of you in the process of buying a home? While it is an extremely exciting time, it can also be very stressful and it may seem as though there is a never ending list of to-dos to accomplish. However, these few tips may make the entire process easier and run more smoothly.
- Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as possible- remember there is NO such thing as a stupid question.
- Always anticipate human error- even the littlest mistake, such as missing a document or wrong payment amount can happen to anyone. To avoid errors like these, double and triple check everything before you hand it over to your real estate agent, insurance provider, or loan officer.
- Review loan documents in advance- as a perspective home buyer you have the legal right to be able to review your documents 24 hours in advance of the closing. This ensures that everything is in its right place before the big day.
- Don’t forget the check- at closing you will be expected to present a check to your agent and be sure that you have the correct amount of money in your bank account that the check will be able to clear that day.
- Take all of the time that you need- do not plan the closing during your lunch hour or between client meetings, as a tricky closing can sometimes take hours! Treat yourself to a day off in order to ensure that everything goes smoothly and no one is in a rush.