1. Today's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Today: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 2pm. Areas of fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a temperature falling to around 44 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
2. Mansfield Hornets Sports Today
- 3:30 - Boys and Girls Varsity Swimming vs Milford High School
3. Job Seeking Advice at the Mansfield Public Library
From the Mansfield Public Libaray.
Jill Gardosik, of the Career Center in Norwood, will cover a variety of topics of interest to job seekers, during a program at the Mansfield Public Library on Thursday, January 31, at 7 p.m. Some of the topics to be included are: career guidance, job postings/job fairs, computer workshops, Internet access, education/training opportunities, unemployment assistance, and many more.
Please give the library a call (508-261-7380) or stop by to reserve a seat at this free program.
Mansfield Public Library cardholders also have access to a variety of resources for job seekers through our library website at www.sailsinc.org/mansfield. These resources include Career Cruising, Learning Express Library, Universal Class, and other online resources. Call our reference department if you need additional assistance.
4. Kindergarten Registration
Kindergartenen Pre-registration for the fall of 2013 has begun for children who will be 5 on or before September 1, 2013. (DOB on or before 9/1/08). Please pre-register your child as soon as possible by downloading the registration form on our website at www.mansfieldschools.com/ROB and click on the Kindergarten Registration link.
Mail the form to: Robinson Elementary School, Attn: Kindergarten Registration, 245 East Street, Mansfield MA 02048, or fax to: 508-261-7326 by February 15, 2013.
Parent orientation will be held on Thursday March 21st at 7pm in the Robinson School Cafeteria.
Please call the Robinson School East Office at 508-261-7510 with any questions.
5. Nomination Papers Available Friday
Nomination Papers for the May 14, 2013 Annual Town Election will become available at the Town Clerk's Office on Friday, February 1, 2013. Completed nomination papers will be due back to the Town Clerk no later than, Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.- noon. Contact Town Clerk Marianne Staples at email@example.com with questions.