1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
2. Hornets Beat Tigers in Hockey
Improving to 3-1-3, the Mansfield Hornets boys' hockey team defeated Oliver Ames 4-2 last night at the Foxboro Sports Center.
Adam Blackman had a pair of goals to lead the Hornets including the team's 4th goal with 4:12 to place to lock up the win.
3. Downloadable Magazines Now Available at the Mansfield Public Library
which comes from Recorded Books, as does Universal Class and Atomic training, all available through the library's website at www.sailsinc.org/mansfield.
The library is subscribing to approximately 50 magazines, some of which are available in print at the library, and some of which are not. Some of the Zinio titles include Rolling Stone, US Weekly, Woodworker's Journal, Men's Journal, Yoga Journal, Smithsonian, and Every Day with Rachel Ray. Use of this terrific product requires a Mansfield Public Library library card, which is used to open an account.
Zinio can be used on computers and laptops, and is especially appealing on tablets such as the iPad or KindleFire. Call the library at 508-261-7380 if you need additional information.
4. Finance Meeting Tonight
The Mansfield Finance Committee will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. Town Manager is expected to give a presentation of town budget to the committee.
5. Second Night of School Budget Hearings
The Mansfield School Committee will go over the budgets for Qualters Middle School, Roland Green Preschool, Robinson Elementary, and Central Office.
The hearing will start at 7:00 p.m. in Room 3 a/b at Town Hall.