1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog before 8am, then Patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 69. Light east wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 51. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. Mansfield Hornets Sports Today
The following matches are set to take place pending the weather:
- Boys Baseball @ Attleboro High School, 3:30 p.m.
- Girls Softball vs Attleboro High School, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys Tennis @ Attleboro High School, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys Lacrosse @ Foxboro High School, 3:30 p.m.
- Girls Lacrosse vs Milton High School, 3:45 p.m.
3. Coach Collins to the Track and Field Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Mansfield boys' cross country and track coach Julie Collins being inducted into the MSTCA Coach's Hall of Fame as part of their Class of 2013.
Collins first joined Mansfield as a track coach in 2002-03 school year and became the cross country coach in 2005.
Since coaching in Mansfield, the Hornets have won 10 league titles, four Division 2 titles, and two state championships in indoor track. In spring track, Collins' teams have won 10 league meet championships, six divisional titles, and three state championships.
Since taking over the boys cross country team in 2005, the Hornets have gone 71-0 in dual meets, won seven league championships, five EMass Divisional Championships, and two All-State Division 1 Championships.
4. Mansfield Dems Meeting Tonight
The Mansfield Democratic Town Committee will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. in building H at the Mansfield Municipal Airport. Mansfield area Democrats are welcomed to attend.
5. Ducks for Sale
Ducks for the Great Duck Race will be available for purchase in the Parks & Recreation Office beginning starting on May 20 for $1 per duck.
The Great Duck Race is scheduled for June 26 and will kick off the Mansfield Summer Entertainment Series