1. Today's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Today: Isolated showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
2. Mansfield High School Does the Harlem Shake
In cased you missed it on our Facebook page over the weekend, members of the Mansfield High School student body had a little fun at last Saturday's basketball game against Franklin when they did their own rendition of the Harlem Shake during the second half. To see the video, click here.
3. Summer Camp Sign-up This Monday
From the Town of Mansfield:
Registration for the town's summer camp will begin on March 5. Residents may register at the recreation office or email the office to receive a registration form.
Campers between the ages of 5-12 are welcomed and the camp runs from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday at Memorial Park for an eight week program during July and August.
A variety of activities are offered including sports, arts & crafts, games, performances, one full field trip and one half day field trip per week, and many more exciting activities.
4. Hornets Gymnastics Compete at State Meet
Last week, the Mansfield High School gymnastics' team took part in the MIAA State Championship Meet at the DCU Center in Worcester. Finishing in fifth place, the team ended the competition with a score of 142.625 points.
Alexa Anastos was the Hornets' strongest performer, placing ninth with a score of 36.350 points in the all-around. Mansfield's second best individual performer was Shannon Moore who placed 15th.
Like the sectional meet, the Hornets biggest strength was on the balance beam where their team score of 36.525 was bested only by Sharon. Lacey Whitaker placed ninth in the event with a score of 9.15 points. Christine McCab and Moore placed 13th and 14th. Danielle Dousa finished the event in 20th place.
5. Sign up For the Mansfield Patch Newsletter?
Have you had a chance to subscribe to our daily newsletter? It's our free service that gets the top stories in Mansfield delivered to you each and every morning! To sign up, click here.