1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -7. Northwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
2. Hornets Crush Taunton
Scoring at will from start to finish, the Mansfield boys' ice hockey team picked up a 14-2 win over the Taunton Tigers last night. Scoring seven goals in the first period, it didn't take long for the Hornets to lock up their seventh win of the year.
3. Conservation Commission Welcomes New Members
Last night, the Mansfield Board of Selectmen voted to confirm James Turnbull and Christopher Marcheslli as new members of the conservation commission. With three nominees for two position, incumbent Michele White was voted out, receiving votes from only two members from the board. Both Turnbull and Marcheslli received four votes.
4. The Lincoln Assassination
Daley will share his research on the assassination of President Lincoln, recapturing the event in riveting detail. The lecture also provides details on the escape, capture and trial of John Wilkes Booth, including video footage of his hide-out.
Currently a history teacher in Kingston, Daley is the former chairman and president of the Pembroke Historical Society. He has been presenting historical lectures for nearly 20 years. Admission is free, please call to register. Contact Cassie at 508-261-7380.
5. Connect with neighbors