1. This Weekend's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Saturday: A chance of rain and snow before 4pm, then rain likely between 4pm and 5pm, then snow likely after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night: Snow before 8pm, then rain and snow. Patchy fog after 9pm. Low around 31. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 2pm. Patchy fog before 4pm. High near 40. North wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night: Snow, mainly before 11pm. Patchy fog between 7pm and 8pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 1am, then Patchy fog between 3am and 4am. Low around 29. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
2. Hockey Tournament Pairings to be Relased Saturday
Like the boys' basketball team on February 22, the Mansfield High School boys' ice hockey team will find out where they are seeded for the MIAA Division 2 South hockey tournament on February 23.
The competitive tournament will feature six additional teams from the Hockomock League.
3. Mansfield Dems Caucus This Weekend
The Mansfield Democratic Town Committee will hold their caucus to choose delegates for July's Democratic State Convention on February 23 at 2:00 p.m. in Building H at the Mansfield Municipal Airport. All registered Democrats in Mansfield are eligible to run as a delegate.
4. The Van Meder Trust: A New Play
Written by Foxboro playwright Beth Danesco, “The Van Meder Trust” is a multi-generational, multi-cultural family drama about a 13-year old girl still dealing with a tumultuous childhood, and the two aunts – one African American, one white South African – who try to steer her through a time of crises.
The free, public performance marks the debut of both The All Stories Theater Company and the play. The audience is invited to offer feedback after the show and become part of the ongoing creative process.
The show is suitable for audiences 13 years and up and will last approximately 120 minutes with one intermission. No tickets or reservations required.
5. Purim Bash in Mansfield!
The event will feature a wild west-style dinner, Megillah Reading & Sideshow, Masquerade for adults and children, a caricaturist, Joyous Chassidic Dancing and a game show for all.
Participants will enjoy Delicious buffet dinner, a great show and a free raffle. In addition, the celebration will feature crafts for the kids and an caricaturist.
In the spirit of Purim, participants are encouraged to come in costume and be included in the competition, Every one in a costume receives a prize!
The event is a community-wide program, and all are welcome to join, regardless of affiliation, background or place of residence. locals will get together from Mansfield, Easton, Norton, Foxboro, Attleboro, Plainville, Taunton and North Attleboro. To help cover dinner expenses, guests are requested to pay a minimal fee. Program sponsorship is available. no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
To sign up for this fun event, go to www.JewishMansfield.com/PurimWildWest