1. A slight chance of showers after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 63. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Wednesday Night A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog before 11pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 43. South wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Click here to read the latest Fire and EMS Log. With crashes all over the Route 495 and Route 95 corridor, Mansfield Firefighters and EMS personnel had a busy week last week.
3. Mansfield Selectmen are meeting tonight. Of the items to be discussed on the agenda are a new article on the special fall town meeting concerning the refurbishment of the North Common Flagpole:
Selectman Jess Aptowitz said that it’s a problematic eyesore in the town, because anyone going through town from Easton’s Route 106 side, it’s the first thing of the municipality they see.
“They see that rusty thing looking there, it’s disgusting,” Aptowitz said. “I’d like to get it painted or get a new one.”
Another item is the change in liquor license of the Rum Runner store's new location.
4. Click here for the recent obituary of former Mansfield resident Nancy Pierce.
A resident of Mansfield for the past 45 years, Mrs. Pierce was an active member of the First Christian Church of West Mansfield. She was a former member of the church choir and throughout the years had served in many church organizations. Her favorite times by far, were those spent with her children and grandchildren.
5. Click here to see a list of Breast Cancer support groups in the area.