- Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10am, then a slight chance of showers between 10am and 11am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 73. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 4
1.Southern Mass. Arts Festival
The MMAS Southern Massachusetts Arts Festival is a two day event held on the South Common in Mansfield. The event is free and open to the public.
Come down and enjoy art submitted by local artists, and artists from around New England, live Music and vote the Best Soup & Chowder in town. Artists wishing to enter works can bring them to the South Common on Saturday morning between at 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Entry forms and guidelines are available on the MMAS website www.mmas.org.
The SMAF if a tradition in Mansfield dating back decades. The festival was originally strated by the PM Women's Club in Mansfield, but took a brief hiatus during the 1980s due to the club's dissolution. MMAS started it up again later. of the festival as told by Ken Butler
The legendary shock rockers KISS are playing on Sunday at the Comcast Center.
3. Yard sales and live music
There will be a yard sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Webster Street.
Casey O'Conors is featuring live music and specials all weekend. Consider It Done is playing from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Seed RaCeR is finishing the night from 9 p.m. to close. Sunday will have a Pats Free halftime buffet.
in Norton is hosting from Karl Bock at 8 p.m. on Sunday.
4. Meat and BBQ
is presenting their at 3 p.m. on Saturday Chef Lacy will be putting together a special selection of Small Plates that are prepared patio side on our new commercial grade grill. These small plates will feature an eclectic mix of ingredients from our local farming partners, including our very own Tastings run farm put together an amazing selection of small plates that are designed to be cooked on the grill and shared amongst friends and family. Be sure to check out their grill-friiendly patio menu each Sunday from 3 to 8pm.
Norton - Nine raffles of meat and one 50/50 raffle. Food for purchase so bring your appetite. Starts at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday.
5. Warrant Playing at Showcase - Saturday at 6 p.m.
At its core, as well as at first glance, WARRANT is an American rock band through and through. Formed in 1984, the Hollywood, CA based band rose through the ranks of the local and regional club scene to the level of multiplatinum selling, chart topping ( both on radio and MTV ) success. What makes WARRANT different is that while countless bands have come and gone, this one has continued to play, record and work hard to entertain live audiences to this very day; this ethic still translates into sellout crowds. They have weathered the trends, and have come through the years a viable strong contender in the American and worldwide musical landscape.