Mansfield Fire Department responded to a total of 43 calls last week.
4:58 a.m. Mansfield Fire responded to a call reporting a small fire on the fire at the Mansfield Train Station.
8:49 a.m. Mansfield EMS responded to a mutual aid call on West Main Street in Norton. One victim was transported to Sturdy Memorial Hospital.
6:31 p.m. Mansfield Fire and EMS responded to a call reporting an inside odor of gas. Readers showed 55 parts per million, and the gas company was called and fixed the leak. No one reported feeling any illness.
9:54 a.m. Caller reported seeing smoke coming out of an outlet in a residence on 11 Kybren Circle after power was shut off at the break. Mansfield firefighters extinguished a small fire near the outlet inside the wall. An extension was found after the initial fire, and it was confirmed to be an electrical fire. Power was then shut down to the entire residence. After the initial fire, the Mansfield electrical inspector deemed the residence safe.
10:46 p.m. Mansfield Fire and EMS responded to a call reporting a house fire on Lawndale Road. Caller reported a fire in the wall in the bathroom of the residence. All adults, children and pets were evacuated from the residence. Homeowner said that he had extinguished the fire before the department arrived, but it was later discovered to have moved since to the attic of the house. The fire was knocked down an hour later. The family was taken in by the Red Cross for temporary housing.