Sunday, December 30, 2012
If you know of an event or a restaurant hosting New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, please share it in the comment section.
The following is a sample of New Year's Eve events happening in the area. Monday, Dec. 31: NORTON-Trinity in Norton will be having New Year's Eve 2013, starting at 9 p.m. The band Rock Candy will be performing and there is a $5 cover charge. There will be free Hors d'oeuvres before 10 p.m. and party favors. FOXBOROUGH-CBS SCENE will be hosting a three-course meal and a champagne toast at midnight. The cost is $50 per person. There will be a special menu after 5 p.m. FOXBOROUGH-Showcase Live will have Almost Queen and Dirty Deeds performing at 8 p.m. FOXBOROUGH-Tastings is have a celebration from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. There will a DJ and dancing and they will be pouring 2004 Moet Grand Vintage Champagne, a selection of Jorge Ordonez Fine Wines…
Friday, August 24, 2012
Lots of concerts this weekend.
Nick Rossi is playing at the Tavern in Wrentham at 7 p.m. to close. Join the Tavern as he plays covers of all kinds, simulating every instrument, from drums to sax, violen to sitar and more. There will be Bingo at St. Mary's Church in Norton at 6:45 p.m. The Jamie Fund is hosting their Fourth Annual Jamie Fund 5K race/walk. There is also a free 1/4 mile fun run for kids! The event benefits the iCARE disability awareness program that is part of the curriculum in Mansfield and other MA towns. There will be a Multi family yard sale at 8 a.m. at 30 Carpenter St, Foxboro. Clothes, Toys, Books, Furniture and lots more. Will be rescheduled during September in case of rain. The Comcast Center is presenting The Fray and Kelly Clarkson, 7:30 p.m. …
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Live music this weekend.
1. Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 3pm and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. North wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. North wind between 3 and 6 mph. Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 82. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming southwest. Sunday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. 2. Doll E Daze Project/NBDM is being presented at 1 p.m. today. Celerbrate Diversity/Reception Preview the best …
Friday, January 6, 2012
70s Serenade tonight.
1. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Northwest wind at 11 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Mostly cloudy in the beginning of the night, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. 2. There will be a Men's Fellowship Meeting today at 6 a.m. Meets in the Parlor, breakfast to follow. 3. Rhythm Kids will be at 12 p.m. today at the Old Colony Music Together. Rhythm Kids is a music program where children, families and communities experience the joy of song, movement and drumming. 4. There will be a 70s Serenade at Showcase Live today at 6 p.m. Returning for their second performances together at Showcase Live, the ShowBiz Kids and Introduction are among the finest tributes …
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Free skating lessons today.
1. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 38. West wind between 3 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Increasing clouds in the evening, with a low around 23. West wind between 3 and 9 mph. 2. The Taunton Ice Skating rink is hosting ice skating lessons today at 5 p.m. Lessons are $99 for 8 week sessions, small classes and follow the USFS Basic Skills skating program. One time annual $15 USFS registration required. Helmets required for new skaters, rental skates available. 3. Local artist, Tatiana Roulin of Sharon will be this month's Featured Artist at Perk's Coffee House located at 685 Washington Street, Norwood. The exhibition is held throughout the month of January 2012. It will comprise of her pastel …
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Zumba and Yoga today!
1. Increasing clouds, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -4. West wind around 8 mph. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. 2. The Dedham Choral Society is holding open rehearsals today at 7 p.m. 3. Zumba Fitness Class at the Veterans of Foreign Wars at 4:30 p.m. Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness class. Each class is $5.00 4. Easton Yoga Center is presenting a Yoga sculpting class today at 8:15 a.m. The class is $10. 5. Showcase Live is presenting Eric Johnson and His Electric Band tonight at 8 p.m. Tickets are $27.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Have a great New Year!
1. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph. A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 37. South wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. 2. There will be Baby/Toddler Playgroups at Fiske Library at 9:30 a.m. Birth to pre-walkers with Mom, Dad or caregiver. 3. Perks Coffeehouse invites you to spend an evening listening to folk-blues guitarist, singer and songwriter, Ross Robinson. Show starts at 8 p.m. 4. Styles P will be performing tonight at Showcase Live at 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance and $20 at the door. 5. There will be Bingo at St. Mary's Church in Norwood today at 6:45 p.m.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
What's new for the Tri-Town Chamber in 2012.
The Tri Town Chamber is wrapping up a very successful 2011 that saw the chamber grow membership by 20% in a very challenging economy. We are excited to welcome dozens of new members and the infusion of fresh insights and perspectives that they will bring. While 2011 has been great, we have even bigger plans for 2012! In only two weeks, Executive Director Kara Griffin and I will lead VPs of Economic Development, Community Relations, Membership Development and Events in the creation of our operating strategy for the next year and beyond. Armed with substantial new resources and terrific talent at the VP level, Kara and I are chomping at the bit to get started on the new agenda. So let’s introduce the officers: Kurt Wheaton of Epoch Senior …
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Here's some Mother's Day events in and around Mansfield
Mansfield Florist is boasting over ten different and colorful bouquet arrangements designed specifically for that special lady in your life. You can also make your own arrangements, to give your gift your personal touch. Fresh Catch Seafood and Deli is expanding their Sunday hours for Mother's day and also are offering their full menu for all mealtimes. There are also many Mother's Day specials available. The Massachusetts Audobon Society is hosting a Mother's Day Brunch at the Attleboro Springs Wildlife Sanctuary at La Salette from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The brunch features a light stroll through the sanctuary before the meal. Mass Audubon is also sponsoring a Mother's Day Breakfast and Nature Walk at the Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary in …