Mansfield saw its home sales almost doubled in the month of March, according to data released today.
The data, released by real estate information firm The Warren Group, reports that Mansfield had its March sales increase from six in March 2011 to 11 in March 2012.
Year to date sales went up from 20 to 29.
In Massachusetts, home sales increased 20 percent year-over-year. The state saw 3,205 home sales in March, up from 2,688 the previous year.
Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement that the market has shown signs of improvement.
"Starting the year with a strong first quarter is a good indicator of things to come," he said. "After such a depressed year of sales in 2011, we're likely to see more positive year-over-year comparisons in months to come."
"The market has a good head of steam built up right now," he added.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover had its home sales climb from zero in 2011 to three last month. Year to date sales are up from four to 11.
- Easton's March home sales were steady at seven for both months. Year to date sales were at 22 for both 2011 and 2012.
- Foxborough's March home sales were up slightly, from eight last year to nine last month. The sales for the year to date were up from 17 to 24.
- Medfield's home sales fell sharply, from seven last year to two last month. Year to date sales are down 42 percent, from 19 in 2011 to 11 in 2012.
- Norfolk's March home sales went up from six to seven, while year to date sales increased from 12 to 16.
- Norton's home sales in March were up 80 percent, from five last year to nine last month. Year to date sales climbed from 14 to 26.
- Norwood's home sales were down slightly, falling from nine in March 2011 to eight in March 2012. Year to date sales are up a bit, from 23 to 28.
- Plainville's March home sales were steady at four, while year to date sales were up from nine to 11.
- Sharon had its March homes sales climb from nine last year to 12 last month. Year to date sales are up from 25 to 33.
- Stoughton saw steady home sales numbers, with 13 for both March 2011 and 2012. Year to date sales rose from 29 to 35.